Property Management (Commercial) aims to maximise the financial and economic returns from the sale and/ or lease of council-owned land by active engagement with the property development value chain, in line with the City’s Growth and Development Strategy.
Over the past 5 years, JPC has signed agreements for private sector investments in excess of R8 billion in property development projects. Over R4.7 billion of this investment was secured in marginalised areas such as Orlando, Newtown and Jabulani.
The unit has successfully facilitated the completion of a range of projects with a combined investment value of nearly R2 billion.
These projects include:
- WorldWear Shopping Centre, Fairland.
- FNB Wesbank, Fairland.
- Pan Africa Shopping Centre, Alexandra.
- Mofolo North residential development.
- Melrose Crossing.
- Soweto Hospice in Diepkloof.
- Orlando Ekhaya projects – including University of Johannesburg campus, Orlando Towers & JoshCo Hostel conversion.
- Dale Lace Village, Westcliff.