The JPC achieved 90% against performance scorecard. There has been a 100% spend of the allocated budget and a clean audit obtained.
- In the financial year (2014/2015) a total of 9 955 jobs were created against a target of 8 000, exceeding the target by 24%. In the previous financial year (2013/2014) a total of 6 429 jobs were created against a target of 2 600, exceeding the target by 40%; and
- 7 159 SMME’s supported – exceeding target by 79% and more than double 2013/2014 (3 452).
- First property transfers took place – 3 065 properties under the land regularisation programme transferred;
- 12 803 properties under the land regularisation programme identified for transfer – up 80% compared to 2013/2014 (2 459);
- 28 properties acquired along the Transit Oriented Development, Corridors of Freedom and for Housing Master Plan – exceeding target by 40% and 4 times more than 2013/2014 (7);
- Creation of structured Informal City Market in the inner city which will be a vibrant hub and tourist attraction, progressing well; and
- Office Space Optimisation programme – Council Chamber site handed over to contractor.
- R110 million income from leases, servitude sales – exceeding the target by 36.3%;
- R477 million private sector investment secured exceeding the target; and
- R1.68 billion investment leverage on property transaction exceeding the target by 68% and up from
- R770 million in 2013/2014 and R345 million in 2012/2013, underpinning JPC’s sustainability and subsequent future growth and job creation.